- At OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc., we feel kitchen lighting design is an important part of the kitchen remodeling process. We understand the need for kitchen lighting to be able to set the many moods of a kitchen such as family dinners, quiet evenings at home, or a relaxation area before you start the day. As it were, kitchen lighting should be thought of not as just recessed lighting fixtures but using a multitude of lighting options such as recessed lighting, pendant lighting, sconces, and ceiling lights to properly set the mood of a kitchen.
Types of Lighting
When we install kitchen lighting or even incorporate kitchen lighting into a design scheme, we like to mix two types of kitchen lighting – indirect lighting and direct lighting. If you are looking for a kitchen remodeling contractor and do not know the difference between the two – here is a brief overview. Indirect lighting is light products that bounces off an object in your kitchen. Most often these fixtures are hidden like under the cabinet lighting or under the counter lighting and produces a warm glow in a kitchen. Direct lighting is exactly what is sounds like. It is using recessed lights, surface lights, or pendant lights in a kitchen. By using both types of lighting, we can achieve a multi dimensional kitchen without breaking the bank.
There are many different types of kitchen lighting including ribbon or “rope” lighting, recessed lighting, traditional ceiling mount lighting, ceiling fans with lights, and others. The options are limitless but it takes an experienced kitchen remodeling contractor to understand what lighting schemes will work best in your new remodeled kitchen.
- Lighting Design Trends On A Budget (savingsavvy.com)
- Innovative Lighting Product Helps Homeowners Save Money in Down Economy (prweb.com)
- Remodeling Tip of the Week by OTM Designs & Remodeling Inc. (otmdesignsremodeling.wordpress.com)
- Remodel Your Home Using Completely New LED Light Bulbs (mydecorarticles.com)
- Such As Pendant Illumination Into A Room (foscarini-light.typepad.com)
- Need a Light Fixture? Visit LampClick.com! (susanheim.blogspot.com)
- Kitchen Lighting Design (otmdesignsremodeling.wordpress.com)
- Custom Kitchen Design (otmdesignsremodeling.wordpress.com)
- Make Every Room in Your Home Look Better — for Less! (prweb.com)
- Outdated Recessed Lights Get Unprecedented Makeover With Exclusive Launch of New Universal Recessed Light Decorative Upgrades from Recesso and Lighting Universe (prweb.com)
- Tales From the Lighting Graveyard (washingtonian.com)
- MyMove™ – How to Plan Perfect Lighting for Your Room (mymove.com)
- Trend Alert: pendant clusters (ratedpeople.com)
- MyMove™ – Create an Ambience of Lighting in a New Home (mymove.com)